Sunday, July 3, 2011

Gallery Updates!

This afternoon I decided to work on a few photos for the gallery as well as updating my Scrapbooking 101 section! The gallery is coming along, although I feel like I need to work on the skill of photographing my layouts... I think there will be a little trial and error. Here are the first 3 I have added to the gallery:
I would like to note that the background (bricks on tattered angels canvas) for this Family layout was inspired by a fellow designer/instructor from my local scrapbook store where I also design and instruct. Although her beautiful layout is not online, you can find her blog here. One of my favourite aspects of this layout is the hidden journaling. Not only do I love the texture on the Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine Envelope but I like having somewhere to write personal thoughts for my family to read in the future. Be sure to check back for a tutorial on how to achieve this texture on the envelope!
The challenge of this Spread Your Wings and Soar layout stemmed from the fact that I have one beautiful little BOY and yet I loved the butterfly paper and wanted to use it for his picture. The colors of the paper matched nicely and I found that once the layout was complete, I was very pleased with the final outcome. I think it feels masculine even with the butterflies and flowers. I hope that Dax will agree when he is older!
I love this Meeting Time Holtz layout even though it did not turn out the way I had hoped and expected (and if you have never finished a layout and thought "this is NOT what I had in mind" then you are one lucky scrapbooker!). For this layout, the journaling was important to me - I needed to have a spot to explain who Tim Holtz was and why these photos and tags made me so excited! Although my fellow scrapbookers might not need much explanation - my husband sure did!! HaHa. Here is a close up of the journaling:
Check back soon for more layouts and tutorials! 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. These layouts are soooo beautiful, Tasha! Love all the layering and the techniques are awesome! That background you created on the right page of Tim Holtz looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete