Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sweet Sundays and Photo-Free Fridays

I love Sundays. Family days... where my husband is always home and we usually try to get out and do something together - just for the love of family time. This Sunday feels a little different. This is our last Sunday as a family of 3! I can not believe how fast time has passed me by, but on Wednesday we will be welcoming a new little one to the family. It might seem like I mean that is my due date, but actually I am scheduled for a c-section - so July 27 is the latest that this little one will come... meaning next Sunday will be our first Sunday as a family of 4.

I have decided that I am going to start doing "Photo-Free Fridays" on my blog. It may not be every single Friday, but I often have layouts that for one reason or another do not have photos on them yet. I want to post them for you all but always put them aside to wait for the photos. For example I recently created a great single page layout from my leftovers of my "pink" Authentique paper. I used a tag that talks about Grandmothers and have decided to save the layout for a picture of my mother-in-law and the new baby (Which is less than 72 hours away!). I know that no matter what, the picture will be perfect so I was not afraid to create the layout before having the photo. Since I know I will be in the hospital until Saturday I am going to do my Photo-Free Friday post really early!

Here is the layout... I will be sure to post it again once I have the photo on it!
 You might notice a small reflection on the bottom left corner of the photo mat. This is simply the glue dot cover that I will remove when i add the photo.

I really love this quote about Grandmothers. The fact that my Mother in Law (Who I love to pieces!) sewed for years and years made this additional embellishment perfect.
Here is a little close up of the top left embellishements.

Have a very sweet Sunday.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm sure you will get a perfect photo. Knowing your Mother-in-law, I'm sure she will be seen lots loving the new baby to bits!!
    Another thought is you could put a photo of her with both of her grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is an excellent suggestion! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo pretty! Love this design, Tasha! Can't wait to see baby on this page :)

    ReplyDelete